Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The rain outside has set the mood for the day. Blah. I find myself still trying to wake up and it's almost lunch time! The buzz this morning (at least for me) is Amelia Earhart and the new expedition to find DNA and prove she actually lived through the crash. As a kid, she was one of my favorite people to read about. I've always loved a good unsolved mystery. I think it's all the possibilities of what could have happened that keeps me intrigued. Plus, she was a cool chic. Her sense of style was totally androgenous and totally keen and she was totally lesbian, I believe, but I have no problem whatsoever with that and can't think of her any other way! Don't take it wrong-I have many gay friends and relatives and it bothers me nonewhatsoever-to each his own when it comes to your life mate. Back on the subject-I love the androgenous look of the 30's, you know, Greta Garbo...I have often pondered buying a man's suit and having it altered, wingtips and all. Hmmm....food for thought. I love to play dress up!

Okay, in more serious news, it has been reported that 10,000 Uighur people in China are missing after a series of riots with Han Chinese. In 1 night. From what I can gather, the Uighurs are Muslim and native to Xinjiang (a very important border area in China that also has the largest natural gas reserves in the entire country) and the Han Chinese are well, I guess Chinese. Someone please answer me this-just how in the fuck can 10,000 people go missing in a 24 hour period without someone talking about it? I mean, it's a big undertaking to round up 10,000 people but an entirely bigger thing to keep people from talking about it-that is what has me miffed. I mean, holy shit, that's a lot of people to just not be around in the morning. Of course, I have read that this is an area of total civil outbreak, but the Chinese government isn't talking and no one else is either, so there really isn't a for sure, accurate account of just what is happening there. I'd sort-of like to know and I sort-of don't want to know, as I am sure there is lots of death and fighting and displaced people, etc. But 10,000 people taken into custody or killed or whatever in 1 night. That's some David Copperfield shit! Don't fuck with China, Dude. Wow. Scary stuff...what governments can do and are doing.

Thanks in part to Obama's support, the Medicare Fraud Task Force has busted over 100 people scamming the system. KUDOS. Slimy fucks trying to make money while people who deserve help can't get it. They have already recovered over $381 million dollars. That is great! I happen to personally know several seniors who go without eating to pay for their meds and it makes me madder than hell that others take advantage of the system, you know? Ugh. I hope they do the same thing with Medicaid. West Virginia is rampant with people who take advantage of both systems and I would like nothing better than to see them all get busted. Keep up the good work, Task Force. We need to recover all the money we can.

In local news, Dupont failed to report a serious leak for 2 days. Assholes. They first estimated 300-400 lbs. of the chemical were lost but later downgraded it to 18 lbs. WTF? How do you go from 300 to 18? Someone is lying. All I know is that this stuff mixes with air vapors to make sulfuric acid, which is no harmless chemical. Serious stuff that will kill you fast. How many people around here are dying because of these companies? We are scared to complain because the state needs the jobs but we are scared to breath because we know all of these plants are operating illegally. What do you do? How do you fix this? You can't. You value your job and hope that you and your family don't die from exposure or explosion some day. Totally sucks, doesn't it? Yeah, I know. Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Well, that's enough for now...will post when I have something more important to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment